Requirements for Approval of research at Non-UVA Facilities
Any human subjects research conducted in whole or in part outside of UVA facilities must be reviewed and approved by a UVA IRB prior to initiation if it satisfies any of the following criteria unless an IRB Reliance Agreement is in place documenting reliance on a non-UVA IRB of Record. For additional information see IRB Reliance Agreements below.
- It is conducted by or under the direction of UVA personnel in connection with his or her UVA responsibilities.
- It uses UVA property, facilities, or resources to support or carry out the research.
- The name of the University of Virginia is used in applying for funds (intra or extramural).
- The name of the University of Virginia is used in explanations and/or representations to subjects.
- Non-public information from UVA will be used to identify or contact human research subjects or prospective subjects.
IRB Reliance Agreements
- Reliance on a Non- UVA IRB to serve as the single IRB (sIRB) of Record
- Reliance on the IRB-HSR to serve as the Single IRB (sIRB) of Record
Version Date : 6-25-20