As part of the Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) at the University of Virginia, the Institutional Review Board for the Social and Behavioral Sciences (IRB-SBS) is the IRB responsible for reviewing all non-medical behavioral human research (studies which are considered medically non-invasive) for compliance with federally-mandated research guidelines. Review of human subjects research is required for funded and non-funded research and for research conducted by faculty, students, and all those under the purview of the University of Virginia.
Looking for the IRB-HSR (the IRB responsible for reviewing all medical human research)? Visit their website: https://research.virginia.edu/irb-hsr
- Electronic Consent: Check out our updated guidance on Electronic Consent, electronic signatures, etc. In addition, check out our updated consent templates in Consent Templates.
- Delete an iProtocol: iProtocols in the Trash/Recycle Bin can be permanently deleted. See Move an iProtocol to Trash/Recycle Bin.
- Withdraw an iProtocol: iProtocol now allows you to request a withdrawal from review. See Withdraw an iProtocol.
- Move an iProtocol to Trash/Recycle Bin: iProtocol now allows you to sort protocols from the Protocol Management page to the Trash/Recycle Bin. See Move an iProtocol to Trash/Recycle Bin.
- Protocol History: iProtocol now displays a protocol's history. See Protocol History.
- Close an iProtocol: iProtocol now allows you to close your study. See Closing an iProtocol.