Proposal Development Resources
The Research Development team in the Office of the VPR provides resources for proposal planning & development, including examples of successful proposals. Please EMAIL US with your questions related to proposal development.
TEAM SCIENCE- UVA is dedicated to growing team science. If you would like to learn more please contact us.
Team Science Fundamentals
- Collaboration and Team Science: A Field Guide by National Cancer Institute
- Collaboration and Team Science: From Theory to Practice
- The Science of Team Science: A Review of the Empirical Evidence and Research Gaps on Collaboration in Science
Putting the Team in Team Science
- Pearls and Pitfalls of Team Science
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of Team Science
- How to Succeed with Team Science: 8 Qualities of Effective Teams & What to Avoid at All Costs
Institutional Support for Team Science
- Team Science Program at Northwestern University
- ICTR UW Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
- Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) Program
Team Science Resources for Students
- Playing for “Team Science”: Tips for students
- Intramural Research Training Opportunities: A flyer for students is here
- CTSI Education and Training
The University of Virginia is home to a number of entities that offer partnership opportunity to enhance the breadth and impact of research projects. They can be valuable partners for strengthening the broader impacts of research proposals to the National Science Foundation and other funding organizations.
Additional UVA Resources
- Data management templates and tools from the UVA Library
- Research Core facilities
- Important institutional information from the UVA Office of Sponsored Programs
- UVA Partners for Broader Impacts in research proposals
Additional External Resources
- Resources from the NIH Center for Scientific Review
- Information on preparing proposals from the NSF
- Workshop and example proposals for the NSF CISE CAREER program, from UNC
- DMPTool is a free service that helps researchers and institutions create high-quality data management plans that meet funder requirements.
- NSF GRFP Resources from Alex Lang.
- NSF CAREER proposal examples, compiled by Philip Guo at UC San Diego
- Sample applications and three new FY31 Sample Applications from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Library of successful applications for the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
- Telling your Story, Selling Yourself: Advice on how to win an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- NSF White Paper on the CISE Broadening Participation in Computing (BPC) Plan Pilot (3/3/2019)
- Developing and Submitting a Successful Mission Agency Grant Application, James Murday, DC Office of Advancement at USC