Please Note this is a brand new application, here are some notes / helpful hints to make your submission easier:
- Due to firewall issues, the submission application will NOT allow you access if you are connected to the VPN High Security Network. You will need to disconnect from the VPN client or use the UVA Anywhere access.
- We are having some issues with various browsers- strongly recommend you use Chrome or Edge We are working on correcting the problems with Safari and Firefox.
- Some Health System faculty report if you are using a Health System computer, which apparently has a double layer of firewall protection due to using patient sensitive data and HIPA compliance. You may need to use a different device or disconnect from the firewall.
- After you submit the plan, you need to wait until it is either approved or declined to change it.
- FAQ: Who is my supervisor for this purpose: The owner of the space - center faculty if they reside in center space- not academic supervisor.
- Space on Grounds needs to be entered with the official name of your building. If you are in leased space indicate "non-UVA space" and then use the boxes to explain where the space is located (e.g. One Morton Drive, Blandy Farms, etc).
- SBS IRB & Field Research: The application as written may not fit your circumstances. The application seeks to gain information for allowing all types of research to occur on-grounds or at UVA leased/occupied spaces. If you are applying to secure approval for conducting face-to-face interactions off-grounds please provide the following information in your application:
- For the sections on Exclusive Space, Shared Space, Core Resources, please click “save” without entering any information.
- Under the section titled Non-Grounds Spaces, please enter the country, state, city and a description of the research location for each site you will be visiting.
- Under the section Physical Work Arrangements, please provide information concerning local COVID-19 prevalence, conditions, restrictions, policies, or laws that are currently in place. Also describe each research location and physical-environment conditions to the best of your ability. Include a description of how the researcher intends to meet local policies, laws, restrictions and general best practices as related to COVID-19.
Access the online system HERE.
To approve a plan - go HERE.
This link is for supervisor or school dean approval. If you want to see the status of your submission, go back into the submission system and you can see the status of your plan.
We are working on the email notification system, you will need to log into the system to check the status of your submission or see plans waiting for your approval. On a first submission notifications are sent, but not on renewal/resubmits.
How do I update my Ramp-Up plan?
Just go back to the submission webpage, click on your plan, walk through steps adjusting information as needed. The last step before you submit, “Request Notes” has a drop down and text box where you can indicate your changes. This will help the reviewer know what changed without re-reading entire application.