Moving protocols to the Trash/Recycle Bin can help you to manage the content display on your Protocol Management page, shifting latent protocols to the Trash/Recycle Bin page and away from daily view.
Only protocols that have never been submitted or are withdrawn from submission can be moved to the Trash/Recycle Bin. You will know that the protocol is eligible because the “move to Trash/Recycle Bin” link below the protocol name in the Protocol Management page will be active. See Withdraw an iProtocol for more information. iProtocols can only be moved to the Trash/Recycle Bin by a Principal Investigator, Record Creator, or Contact Person.
If the protocol was copied* in order to submit a modification, continuation, unexpected adverse events report, or resubmit a deferred protocol for full board review, the unsubmitted or withdrawn copy can be moved to the Trash/Recycle Bin. However, iProtocol will not allow you to make a new copy of the same protocol number while there is an active copy of the protocol in the system. Instead, you need to recover the copy in the Trash/Recycle Bin and edit that version.
*The above does not apply to protocols copied to create a new protocol with a new protocol number. New protocol number copies can be made multiple times.
- If the protocol is eligible for deletion, the “move to Trash/Recycle” link will be active below the protocol name in the Protocol Management page.
2. Select the “move to Trash/Recycle” link.
3. Select the red “Confirm” checkbox and select the “Confirm” button.
4. The “Success” screen confirms that the protocol is now in the Trash/Recycle Bin.
- The “recover protocol” link can either be found in the “Success” page after deleting a protocol or at the top of the Protocol Management page.
2. Select the “recover protocol,” “Find and Recover,” or “Trash/Recycle Bin” link to access the Trash/Recycle Bin page.
3. In the Trash/Recycle Bin page, locate the protocol you want to recover. Select the “recover protocol” to recover the protocol.
4. Select the red “Confirm Recover” checkbox and select the “Confirm” button.
5. The “Success” screen confirms that the protocol is now in the Protocol Management Page.
6. Selecting the “recovered version” link will show you a filtered version of the Protocol Management page with just the recovered
7. Selecting the “home page” link will take you to the full version of the Protocol Management page with all protocols listed
including the recovered protocol.
This functionality is under development.