Before an investigator purchases/obtains and begins research involving vertebrate species of animal, an animal research protocol must be submitted for review and approval by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
*IMPORTANT CHANGE IN PROTOCOL REVIEW REQUIREMENTS:
The ACUC ONLY requires the review of all Third Year Protocols, all Modifications and first and second annual protocols that are funded by Veteran’s Affairs (VA). Protocols describing the use of USDA-regulated species are exempt from annual review UNLESS the project is funded by DoD or VA. Protocols funded by the VA require annual
review regardless of the species. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. See notice here.
- Meeting schedule and protocol submission deadlines
- Instructions for creating a new protocol (use for protocol pre-review)
- Sample Protocol Template (for demonstration use only)
- Instructions for renewing an existing protocol
- Add personnel to a protocol
- Delete personnel from a protocol
- Guidance on Creating New Protocol vs. Adding New Species Procedure
- How to conduct a literature search for alternatives
- Protocol Writing Workshop
- Go to the protocol submission site
- Go to CCM on-line animal ordering