The Institutional Review Board for the Social and Behavioral Post Approval Monitoring and Education (IRB-SBS PAM & Ed) program serves researchers whose protocols are reviewed by the IRB-SBS.
The goals of the program are to:
- ensure the rights and well-being of research participants
- ensure the quality and integrity of the research
- identify educational needs, providing resources to meet those needs
- ensure compliance with federal, state, local and institutional regulations and guidelines
- identify areas of strength, as well as areas needing improvement, in research policies and practice
Post approval monitoring is conducted in accordance with the IRB-SBS PAM & Ed Administrative Guidance, as well as the Human Research Protection Program Standard Operating Procedures. Types of review include Self-Assessment, On-Site and Remote Review, and Consent Process Observation. The review process includes involvement from not only the Compliance Monitor, but also from the Principal Investigator, study team members, the SBS PAM Advisory Committee, and the IRB-SBS. For more information regarding the review process, see our FAQs.